Graduation


I'm sorry to say I have no pictures of our graduation to share here, too busy to snap even one pic. I will instead try to paint a picture as best as I can using words. This year we chose a new song to sing for graduation. We also learned some sweet hand movements to go along with it. We were very fortunate to have a new friend that plays the guitar help us out with this endeavor. A giant shout out to Travis. We can't thank you enough, you made our song even better!  
For so many reasons, this song by Ben Harper seemed to be the right fit. 
With my own two hands
I can change the world, with my own two hands
Make a better place, with my own two hands
Make a kinder place, oh with my, oh with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
I can make peace on earth, with my own two hands
And I can clean up the earth, oh with my own two hands
And I can reach out to you, with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
Oh, with my own, oh with my own two hands
I'm gonna make it a brighter place, (With my own)
I'm gonna make it a safer place, (With my own)
I'm gonna help the human race, (With my own)
(With my own two hands)

Along with learning our song everyone was busy making crowns, caps and decorations.



Marissa and I were busy with the business of writing a speech. Every year we divide the seniors up and we write something about each of our graduates. How do you sum up any  five year old in a few short sentences? I know right? Somehow every year we manage to accomplish this. Thank goodness because what we could say about these amazing children could fill a book. 
The day of graduation it rained so all of our rehearsals outside didn't really prepare us well for our inside graduation. We had to wing it.  Our largest room at Imagine is not quite large enough, so cozy is the word I would use here to describe this years ceremony. Cozy and sweet which as it turns out is excactly how I would describe our little Imagine family. Everywhere I look I see evidence of my good fortune...cozy and sweet also two words I would use to describe my profession. I will leave this blog post and this school year with just one small part of our speech.  The part that was most heart felt for me. 

"I stand before our future....what a lovely site.  I see a bunch of strong, creative, competent, curious and powerful small humans ....it is my greatest hope that these small humans grow and at every stage of their lives they always know their own power, their own beauty. I want them to go out into this world and with their hearts, their minds and yes with their own two hands make this world a better place." 





Popular posts from this blog

Insect Compositions

Summer Art Show

Painting Storm Clouds