"Me" Compositions

 
We have been talking about community, working together, and what it means to be a friend. Today we started a conversation about ourselves. Who am I? 
I'm a part of this classroom community and a friend to my classmates. I'm also a singular person with feelings, desires, and preferences. What are the things that are important to me? What are the things I like about me? 


We set up a provocation that consisted of a basket of collected nature items: leaves, rocks, moss, and sticks. We invited the children to create a representation of themselves using these found materials.


"I have a head, and on my face I have eyes and a nose", "my mouth is under my nose".  Using loose parts allows the children to manipulate the materials easily and get the parts in the " right" places. 









Popular posts from this blog

Insect Compositions

Summer Art Show

Painting Storm Clouds