Painting The Music


For this activity we painted to different genres of music. We chose a slow classical song and a fast rock and roll song. 


Before painting, we talked about the word synesthesia: how using one sense might evoke another sense. We closed our eyes and listened to the music while we talked about how the music made us feel.


We started with Beethoven's Für Elise.
"This music makes me feel like somebody has been hurt," one of of our friends said.
We asked, "what color might you use to paint that?" A friend told us, "I'm painting darkness."


Next we listened to loud rock and roll. 
The children immediately began moving their bodies. We asked them how they might move their paint brushes to this music.
"I'm going fast!"
"I'm going crazy!"
"I feel it in my body!"






Popular posts from this blog

Insect Compositions

Summer Art Show

Painting Storm Clouds