Kindness and Friendship

This week we talked a lot about friendship. What does it mean to be a good friend? How do we make and keep friends? 
This led us to have a great conversation about kindness. "Kindness is being nice to our friends". We realized we needed to make more kindness sticks for our classroom. Together with a friend the children painted brightly colored kindness sticks.
We give a child a kindness stick when we witness one child being particularly sweet to their classmate. If your child comes home with one ask them why they got it.
We added a song about friends to our morning meeting. 
Friends friends 123
All my friends,
all my friends,
are here with me
You're my friend 
You're my friend
You're my friend 123
All my friends are here with me


Popular posts from this blog

Insect Compositions

Summer Art Show

Painting Storm Clouds